Workshop: Understanding how the UK Parliament uses Research
Time & Location
About the Event
Have you every wondered how you engage with the UK Parliament as a researcher?
This session will give an overview of the UK Parliament and how Parliament uses research. It will cover ways to work with the institution as a researcher including details on select committees, the House of Commons and House of Lords Libraries, and POST, the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology.
- As a result of the session attendees will:
- Understand Parliament’s role and work, and the difference between Parliament and Government
- Learn about how research is used in the UK Parliament
- Be able to identify and take up opportunities to feed their research into the work of Parliament
- Know where to go for further support
- The session will be focused on practical information and advice, with opportunity for Q&A.
- The session will be delivered by Dr Laura Webb, Knowledge Exchange Manager in the UK Parliament’s Knowledge Exchange Unit.
This event will be facilitated by Dr Laura Webb.