Workshop: Recruiting Your Research Team
Time & Location
About the Event
Recruiting Your Research Team
On any research project one of the key risks you need to manage is recruiting high quality staff – this becomes of greater importance when, as an FLF, you are establishing a research group where a strong appointment can make a significant positive difference to the performance of the group. In this workshop we will explore how you can:
- Write a job description which attracts talented researchers to apply to your project.
- Be aware of bias and how this might impact on your recruitment approach.
- Design a selection process which is thorough and focussed on the needs of your project.
- Ensure you get induction right to enable the researcher to hit the ground running when they join your group.
- During the session we will be primarily discussing the appointment of staff members but much of the learning will be applicable to selection of research students.
This session will be facilitated by Dr Robin Henderson